Shelter to Permanent Housing

When a utility account remains delinquent, it not only threatens a family’s financial stability—it can be the difference between remaining in the shelter system or obtaining permanent housing.

Through a partnership with the City’s Office of Supportive Housing (OSH), UESF helps families exit the shelter system by assisting with their back utility arrearages. With a cleared utility bill, these families become eligible for permanent housing and can move toward housing stability.

To be eligible, individuals and families must:

  • Be a resident of a City Shelter
  • Have a utility arrearage that prohibits you from obtaining housing
  • Have a referral from shelter to the Office of Supportive Housing

For more information or to find out if you qualify, contact:
215.814.0394  |

Check your eligibility

Take a screening test to find out how we can help you.