Helping young adults reach their post secondary educational goals
The path to financial stability starts young – what seems like a small step today could make a measurable, lasting Impact over time. United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey’s (UWGPSNJ) College Savings Account (CSA) helps local families and their children begin saving for their post secondary educational goals, building the foundation of life- long financial health and increasing the likelihood that more students in our region will pursue a college education.
SAVE $2,000 FOR POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION
UWGPSNJ will match $ 3 for every $1 saved up to $500 for a total contribution of $1,500. Participating students will earn $2,000 total for post-secondary education.
QUALIFIED USES OF THE COLLEGE SAVINGS ACCOUNT:
- Tuition & Fees required for enrollment or attendance
- Books & Supplies required for courses
- Test Prep courses (if still in high school)
- Be a resident of Philadelphia, Delaware or Montgomery
counties in PA or Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cumberland,
Cape May counties in NJ
- Have a household net worth of less than $10,000
- Have a household income at or below 350% of the Federal
Poverty Level (FPL)
- Aend 3 hours of financial literacy – savings, budgeting and credit
- All savers must make minimum deposits and participate in the
program for at least six months before funds will be matched
- Senior in high school
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Planning to attend a 4 year college or university OR
- Freshman enrolled in a 4 year degree program at a college or university
To enroll contact Cheryl Mackey at CherylMackey@uesfacts.org or 215.814.6835.
Check your eligibility
Take a screening test to find out how we can help you.