In conjunction with the kickoff for LIHEAP 2021/2022 – UESF welcomes you to our Community Empowerment Week Initiative! Throughout this week you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn some great news skills for your life and home
- Apply for LIHEAP online
- Win some fun prizes
- Learn more about how UESF can help you
Our goal is to inform you of the UESF resources and services that can help you be successful and self-sufficient.
Join us daily at 12pm as we present on a different Housing Stabilization topic.
See Workshop Descriptions below:
|Monday, October 18 — 12pm||How To Save on Utilities||Learn more about energy use and learn practical tips on how to reduce energy in the home and put more money in your pocket.|
|Tuesday, October 19 — 12pm||Health & Wellness||Learn tips for healthy eating and practical ways to shop healthy on a budget. Learn about food programs and resources in Philadelphia.|
|Wednesday, October 20 — 12pm||Building your Career||Understand the process of career planning and develop your own achievable strategy.|
|Thursday, October 21 — 12pm||Tenant’s Rights||Avoid common mistakes that lead to landlord problems and eviction. Learn how to be a great tenant and work with your landlord.|
October 22 — 12pm
|Basic Budgeting||Learn why a budget is necessary and beneficial to building the life you want, and get started on your own personal budget.|
- Come to all five workshops and receive in the mail an umbrella, knit hat & magnet and be entered into a raffle with a chance to win a $25 gift card.
- Come to at least three workshops and receive a knit hat, magnet and be entered in raffle for a change to win a $25 gift card.
- All clients who register will receive in the mail a magnet and be entered into a raffle with a chance to win a $25 gift card.